We need your help to make the mortzillak for the annual Mortzilla Dinner on Saturday, November 4, 2017.
Efforts begin Tuesday, October 31, at Fiddlers Green Farm (see directions below). Same location as 2016. Drop in anytime between 8:00 AM and 3:00 PM to help prepare the onions and leeks.
Wednesday, November 1, at the Basque Center, we will be cooking the onions and leeks from 7:00 AM to 6:00 PM.
Thursday, November 2, at the Basque Center, we will make the mortzillas in two shifts: 7:00 AM to 12:30 PM, and 1:00 PM until 5:00 PM. A lunch for both shifts will be served at the break. Lunch will be served at approximately 12:30 PM.
If you can’t help out on either of those days, consider Friday, November 3, at the Basque Center from 9:30 AM – 3:00 PM, when we will be packaging the mortzillas.
Making mortzillas is probably the most unique of our volunteer efforts, and it’s also a lot of fun. If you would like to help out or have any additional questions, please contact Sean Aucutt at 208-371-3090.
Directions to Fiddlers Green Farm:
14440 Broken Horn Rd, Boise, ID 83714
Starting at W State St, Boise, ID
● Head northwest on W State St toward N North St (1.8 mi)
● Turn right onto N Gary Ln (1.1 mi)
● Continue onto W Hill Rd Pkwy (0.4 mi)
● Continue straight onto N Seamans Gulch Rd (4.2 mi)
● Continue straight onto Broken Horn Rd
● Turn Right on Echanove Dr (0.4 mi)
● Entrance to Farm on Left. Park inside the gates